Things to Consider When Visiting Salem
Updated October 1, 2023
We are a private business and are working with the city of Salem to ensure we are operating safely. We have nearly 20,000 sq.ft. of museum and haunted house space.
Things to Consider BEFORE purchasing:
We DO NOT issue refunds and we do not mail tickets. Your online sales receipt is your ticket. Show on your phone or print and redeem at the outdoor WILL CALL booth on Liberty street.
- It is our goal to get all visitors through attractions safely before 10 pm. For the best experience we recommend arriving before 6 pm.
- Visiting on weekdays is the safest way to view our attractions. There are no lines and plenty of parking. On weekends, arrive early to avoid larger crowds.
- Rideshare app transportation is recommended. Public parking and public transit is very limited this year and will continue to become more restrictive with city regulations as Halloween approaches. Public lots will be full by 12pm on weekends.
- There are private parking lots available with short walks to downtown. First come, first served.
- 11 Franklin Street
- St. James Church (entrance into Flint Street)
- Bentley Academy Charter School (25 Memorial Drive)
- Hampton Inn Valet Parking (11 Dodge Street)
- Shetland Park (35 Congress Street)
What attractions are open in the Haunted Neighborhood during October:
- Salem Wax Museum
- Salem Witch Village (weekdays only)
- Haunted Witch Village (weekends only)
- Frankenstein's Castle
- Candlelit Ghostly Walking Tour (evening)
- Witches and Seafarers Walking Tour (daytime)
- Witching Hour Spellcasting (weekends only)
- The Enchanters (weather permitting)
Parking is extremely scarce and nearly impossible to find during October in Salem. PLEASE PLAN EXTRA TIME FOR TRAVEL. Advanced planning, early arrival in public lots, and using public transportation is highly recommended. If you are late for your tour, we will make every effort to put you on a later tour but we cannot guarantee for the same day.
Make the most out of Salem's digital resources!
- For road closure updates and parking capacity information, visit www.parksalem.com
- For general Salem information, download the My Salem MA and Destination Salem apps and turn on notifications.
- For October event information, visit www.hauntedhappenings.org.
We look forward to your visit!