Your Visit in October 2020. We are Open. Things to Consider
Updated October 21, 2020 at 3 pm.
We are open and are operating as usual with updated precautions. We are a private business and are working with the city of Salem to ensure we are operating safely. Each weekend this October we have sold out and visitors have viewed our attractions safely. We have nearly 20,000 sq.ft. of museum and haunted house space, which ensures social distancing and keeps our lines small and spaced.
THINGS TO CONSIDER: BEFORE purchasing, because we DO NOT issue refunds
- Visiting on weekdays is the safest way to view our attractions. There are no lines and plenty of parking.
- Frankstein's Castle Haunted House and Salem Witch Village lines move quickly every day.
- Salem Wax Museum has shorter lines before 1 pm daily.
- On weekends, arrive early to avoid larger crowds.
- Our attraction lines are managed very safely with all visitors and staff wearing masks and maintaining social distance.
- It is our goal to get all visitors through attractions safely before 8 pm. Please arrive and redeem your email receipt at the outdoor WILL CALL booth on liberty street before 6 pm.
- Rideshare app transportation is recommended. Public parking and public transit is very limited this year and will continue to become more restrictive with city regulations as Halloween approaches. Public lots will close at 12pm on weekends.
- There are private parking lots available with short walks to downtown. First come, first served.
- 11 Franklin Street
- St. James Church (entrance into Flint Street)
- Bentley Academy Charter School (25 Memorial Drive)
- Hampton Inn Valet Parking (11 Dodge Street)
- Shetland Park (35 Congress Street)
- When you purchase the FUN PASS or WICKED SPECIAL make sure to choose the day of the week you plan to visit. There are different options for a weekday visit vs. a Saturday visit. This ensures we control crowds in the neighborhood. Those tickets are good for any day in October based on your choice.
- Salem requires masks for everyone, everywhere.
- We do not offer refunds but will honor online ticket sales through October 2021, if you choose to postpone your visit.
WHAT IS OPEN IN THE HAUNTED NEIGHBORHOOD:
- Salem Wax Museum
- Salem Witch Village
- Frankenstein's Castle
- Candlelit Ghostly Walking Tour
- Witching Hour Spellcasting (weekends only)
WHAT TO EXPECT IN OUR ATTRACTIONS:
- Self-guided, private wax museum tour in large hall
- Private haunted houses with your group only
- Outdoor walking tour, private or max 10 people
- Regular disinfecting
- Continuous hand washing and sanitizing
- Contact-less payment available
- Plexiglass shields have been installed between our staff and guests to ensure safety during ticket or gift shop transactions.
- Masks required.
- Comprehensively cleaning attractions multiple times a day.
We look forward to your visit!